Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inside-Out Carrot Cake Cookies

The month of February was a snowy one. This was good for one reason - getting out of work early!! There were 2 days in which we were dismissed early, and on both of those days I came home and immediately started baking.

One recipe I have been meaning to try for a long time is Inside-Out Carrot Cake Cookies from Epicurious. I had a ton of carrots in the fridge, so I figured it was the perfect thing.

I made the recipe as directed, except for the icing. Instead of just cream cheese and honey, I used my traditional cream cheese icing - cream cheese, butter, milk, confectioners sugar, salt. To top it off, I added coconut (why not?) since I had it.

Overall, the cookies tasted great, but I am not sure if I would make again. One batch broke apart when I took them off the sheet pan. To salvage these, I combined all the broken pieces in a large ramekin and piled the remaining icing on top - not the neatest application, but still very tasty - like a dense cookie-cake with tons of icing. Either way, I am glad I tried them but will most likely make a traditional cake or muffins next time I find myself with an abundance of carrots on a snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment