Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Goodbye, March!

March was a pretty crazy month for us weather-wise.  We were teased with our first taste of spring but also exposed to several consecutive days of pouring rain and wind.  Needless to say, I am hoping to see more of the sun in April.

A couple weeks back on a mild Sunday afternoon, we had dinner at my parent's house.  I think it was my dad's first use of the grill this year.  On the menu: Asian-spiced chicken roasted on the grill rotisserie. 
I had to take a picture of this, since it looked so good (even though I don't eat chicken!).  My husband said it was perfectly cooked - crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.  To accompany this my mom made my favorite roasted potatoes and a salad with homemade sesame dressing.
 
But the best part of the meal was the special entree my mom made for me.  Crab Au Gratin - butter, crab meat, cheese, paprika - what could be better?  This decadent concoction paired with the potatoes and some white wine was heavenly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment