Friday, April 30, 2010

Shrimp Taco Salad

Well, it's been a while...was on a road trip of sorts due to back to back weddings in the south (which were both beautiful - more on that later).  So this week it's been quick, easy and healthy dinners.  Last night was shrimp taco salad - sans the chips!  Here is how I threw it together - feel free to add/remove anything to your liking and use as much or as little of each ingredient as you want. 

Shrimp Taco Salad 

In a large bowl combine lettuce (I used romaine and mesclun mix), tomato, scallions, red pepper, salsa (I used black bean and corn), avocado*, roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and shredded colby-jack cheese. 
*make sure to salt the avocado before adding

Peel and devein shrimp.  Rinse and season with taco mix or chili seasoning [while in Charleston, I purchased a mix of seasoning from my favorite vendor in the market entitled "This sh** is hot!" so that is what I used].   Heat pan with a little oil on medium heat.  Add shrimp and cook until done. 

Toss salad with some olive oil and red wine vinegar and dish into individual servings.  Place cooked shrimp on top and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment