Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pesto Roasted Potatoes

This week my market had baby rainbow potatoes - white, red and purple.  I loved how all the colors were combined into one bag, so I to try them.  I was planning to roast them with just a little oil, salt and pepper, but then decided to make use of my basil plant and make some pesto to coat the potatoes. Wow, what a great idea.  Anyone that likes pesto should try this - you may use  store-bought pesto, but homemade always tastes better and is much healthier!

Pesto Roasted Potatoes

serves 4
Ingredients
1 24 oz bag of baby potatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons olive oil
parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400.  Wash, dry and cut the potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size so that they are all similar sized-pieces.
Put potatoes in a large bowl, add a tablespoon of olive oil and a liberal amount of salt and pepper; mix well.
In a mini food processor, chop basil, garlic, pine nuts and remaining oil; mix in with potatoes.  Grate parmesan cheese into the bowl and mix.
Place potatoes on a foil-lined jelly roll pan sprayed with Pam.  Roast for 20 minutes, take out of oven and turn potatoes over to cook evenly.  Roast another 10-20 minutes until tender. 

2 comments:

  1. I clicked over here from the Serious Eats slide-show... these potatoes look so tasty, I'm definitely going to try them soon! I love potatoes and pesto but never thought to combine the two. Any idea how many pounds of potatoes you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie, thanks! They are as good as they look and smell wonderful when they are in the oven. The bag of potatoes I used was 24 oz - a pound and a half. Let me know how they come out!

    ReplyDelete