Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Corn and Chick Pea Salad

Hello, there!  It's been quite a while since I have posted.  August came and went so quickly, I just didn't have enough time to post much.  Hopefully, this will not be the case this fall.

My first entry of September will highlight the delicious corn I have been eating this summer.  It's bicolor corn from a farm in NY and it has been spectacular.  I have been buying a surplus every week and then making this salad with the leftovers.  Try it out while the corn is still good!

Corn and Chick Pea Salad
2-3 ears corn that have been boiled a few minutes
1 can chick peas, drained
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2-3 scallions, diced
salt and pepper
few splashes each of olive oil and red wine vinegar

Carefully cut corn off ears.  Place all ingredients in a bowl.  Mix well and chill for an hour or so (to incorporate flavors).  When serving, garnish with avocado and/or feta cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment